Monday, February 16, 2004

To Blog, or not to Blog...

Its like 4 am, I have to get up in 3 and half hours and I can't sleep. So I'll write a bit.

I was talking with someone I hold in very high esteem the other night while I was making brownies and through the course of our conversation I mentioned my Blog site. At this point, he began to lightly poke fun at me for having a public journal by alluding that it was a contradiction in terms. While is riducule was light, I definitely got the idea there was more than a bit of meaning in his jest. He was, in fact, judging me for writing in this blog.

Now, as I said, I hold this man in very high regard. So if he said something was weird, my first inclination is to agree with him, or at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

I began to wonder why it was that I write this blog. Why is it that I feel so good about it? The answer was surprisingly simple: it's very carthardic to lay your thoughts out there on the table for all to read and see. It's like saying "this is what I think, for bad or worse. I may not be right, but at least I had the sack to put it out there."

I also love the power of having my own domain with which to play with. I almost feel like Bill O'reilly sans the inferiority complex. The name for this blog didn't just come from a quote from one of my favorite movies; it also talks about how this is MY site with MY thoughts.

Alright, maybe I can sleep now...

ps, check out Mary's blog... its amazing.

No comments: