Saturday, February 21, 2004

Cool people like common grounds more...

So here I am, sitting at Common Grounds. I'm here, typing on my little VAIO laptop, chillin' like matt dillon on penicillin. I'm all trendy-lookin' in my stylish hoody that I haven't wanted to take off since that hot chick complemented me on it two weeks ago. (Don't worry, I keep wrinkling up my nose and giving a look of disgust like some farted periodically, so no one catches onto the smell. The risk of losing any residual mojo totally outweighs the effort of this charade.) Still, with all the subterfuge, it hasn't happened to me.

I order a Cafe-mocha with a shot of hazelnut, which I'm told is way trendy. Pay with cash. Still hasn't happened to me.

I'm watching Quiet, Lovely play a set. Darn trendy. Still hasn't' happened yet. What's the deal?

I send a text message to a friend, and laugh like the "message not sent, number out of service" message sent back to me was really witty. Yeah, that's trendy. Still, it hasn't happened to me.

I see an older couple here sitting in the back corner of the room on the raised couch by the back door. I'm willing to bet they're here to see their daughter in SING. I don't think they feel that at home here. I guess wearing a cardigan after 1995 will do that to you. I'm cooler than them with my torn-up and stained used-to-be-white Baylor Crew hat. But even with the obvious contrast, it still hasn't' happened to me!

Okay Mark, I've been here for about 2 hours, spent a DVD worth of $ on coffee, I'm about half a latte' away from going Catatonic thanks to the abundance of caffeine being infused into my blood stream, and yet I STILL haven't had a girl make eyes at me from afar. I'm feeling a little ripped-off, my friend.

Whatever, I'm just gonna go back to stalking Lisa Murphy.

No comments: