Sunday, July 04, 2004

A prince or a frog?

I was about to go to bed when I decided that maybe listening to Coldplay loudly wouldn't exactly be conducive to a good night of sleep.

Well anyways, as I was about to type in the "alt F4" to end out the winamp function on my computer, thus halting the "Ooooooooh yeah" in "Daylight", I noticed my MSN messenger popping up with a "jessicabozarth.blogspot.com". I was intrigued, so I checked it out.

Her latest blog was about kissing.

Man, that is so girly. If I was forced to come up with a list of things that a girl would be most likely to blog about, that would be like number 2.5. No crap.

I'm actually surpised I hadn't apostolized upon the subject.

The basic thrust about her blog was basically a "what if this (blank) was the one of my prince charming" type of thing. A basic girl blog stand-by.

She talked about kisses for the whole thing. And strangely enough, I found it interesting. Although I'd expect nothing less from Jessica.

So anyway, for the interesting stuff. Like how I feel about kissing.

I think I'm a pretty good kisser, actually. As a matter of fact, I've even had an ex-girlfriend say as much to another girl who, quite rudely I might add, asked me point blank if I was any good. Like I would know. But much to my surpise, I was given a highly favorable rating.

That ex-girlfriend hasn't said a nice thing about me to another girl that I've admitted I might be interested in, ever. At least, not that she or I know of.

I remember my first kiss. I was a junior in High School and was actually not even expecting it. I was more sort of hoping for a peck on the lips. I'd never even had that much.

I just remember being shocked as I moved in, (I had asked permission, of course) only to find a gaping, saliva-rimmed hole surrounding the entirety of my mouth. I swear my eyes would have shot wide-open if they had been any less clamped shut from shear nervousness.

Ah, the whiles of dating an older girl.

You know, when I stop to think about it, I hate myself more when I think of how I've even kissed more than one girl than I do at any other time in my life. I honestly wish to God that I could say that I've only kissed but one girl in my life.

I hate the idea of having any background knowledge as to kisses. I hate the idea that the idea of how well any girl kisses as compared to another might cross my mind. I despise it.

But that being said. I love to kiss. I'm a kisser. My family has always been a very affectionate family. To this day, I still kiss all of my immediate family members upon the lips every once in a while, when pains of distance hurt most. I remember the last time I kissed my father on the lips.

I kiss some of my dearest friends on the head every once in a while. Okay, I rarely do it to my male friends, but that's mostly because they'd freak. Damn Texan homophobes.

When it comes to girls... I'm more than slightly ashamed of how many girls I've kissed in my life. I never go "past" that. But I do sincerely love to kiss. I do'nt know what it is about having a hand upon the side of an angelic face, guiding someone I feel so incredibly close to into a long, meaningful kiss that gets my heart beating just to think about it. The sociologist in me might want to postulate that it has something to do with exposing such vulnerablility that excites me so. And the nerd part of me would find that fascinating.

However, the romantic part of me wants to think that, if only for a moment, I'm joined with someone else beyond words. The dance that is a kiss can tell you so much about a person.

All of that being said, I should let anyone reading this know that I am not someone who kisses lightly. I never kiss on the first date. Hell, I rarely even kiss on the second date.

Most of the time I ask permission. No crap.

Sometimes she makes the move. As a matter of fact, most of the time she makes the first move. But then again, I have definitely been the first one to tip my hand.

I think the best kiss I've ever had was completely unannounced. Just like some stupid movie. The moment was just right and as a result, is forever chrystalized in my memory. I guess I don't have to be proud of something like that to appreciate it.

My knees still get weak.

Did you know that according to a Stanford Survey, men place approximately twice as much importance on the first kiss as the average woman? Of course, they also place about half the emotional importance upon the first time of intercourse, but that's another blog.

1 comment:

myleswerntz said...

i remember my first significant kiss, not the first "let's see what this is" kiss, but the first one that was a "i love being with you" kiss. it was magic and awkward and scary and wonderful. i still remember being totally afraid and yet totally in awe of that woman.